Indigenous leaders from the South and Southeast of Brazil occupied the Ministry of Health in the fight against the dismantling of the Indigenous Health policies and for the dismissal of Silvia Nobre, the current National Secretary. Today several points are blocked in the South and Southeast regions, with new blockades expected in other areas of the country, while the leadership group remains in the Ministry of Health in Brasilia. The National Secretary appointed by Bolsonaro’s Government as the first indigenous person to occupy this role, does not know, does not respect, does not dialogue with indigenous peoples, and has been acting in an authoritarian way, as it is the characteristic of this government. We will not accept the dismantling of our indigenous health subsystem that was won by us.
- APIB note about indigenous leadership murders in Maranhão 9 de December de 2019
- Sonia Guajajara’s note of regret and outrage over two murders of the Guajajara People 8 de December de 2019
- Indigenous Women Call for Global Climate Action! 5 de December de 2019
- APIB note about data of Brazil’s increasing deforestation 19 de November de 2019
- Declaration of Civil Society Organizations on the Crisis of Deforestation and Burning in the Brazilian Amazon 26 de August de 2019